Second Tourism and Hospitality Conference within the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2017
On June 14th Second Tourism and Hospitality Conference within the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2017 was held at the exhibition center Expo Georgia in Conference Hall of Pavilion ІІІ. The Conference was co-organized with Georgian National Tourism Administration and was supported by Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia and Tbilisi City Hall.
The Conference was opened with a press conference where the organizer and government representatives – Ms. Maryna Chayka – Co-Founder/CEO of Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards; Mr. George Chogovadze – Head of Georgian National Tourism Administration; Mr. Irakli Lekvinadze – Deputy Mayor of Tbilisi, Mr. Ivane Zhuzhunashvili – Partner at BDO Georgia; Mr. Giorgi Arveladze – Deputy Director of Small and Medium Business Department at Bank of Georgia spoke about importance of the Awards project for this field and development of tourism industry in Georgia.
The latest data of January-May 2017 illustrates that the number of international travelers equaled to 2 329 677 persons which is by 9.7% higher number compared to the same period of 2016.
Following the increase of demand, relevant sectors are also developing in Georgia. In particular, over 170 new hotels started operation during the past two years (which is additional 3 223 beds). It should be noted that in 2017-2019, over 160 new tourist facilities are scheduled to be opened with more than 18000 beds.
After a press conference participants had an opportunity to listen to presentations of the best service providers for the tourism and hospitality sector, found out the latest news of this industry and perceive Awards projects’ current news.
During the Conference the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards’ organizers introduced audience new Jury Expert Board, new Categories and officially declared opening of registration for participants to fill in applications.
From 14th June till 20 September all Tourism and Hospitality Industry players from all regions of Georgia can register on the Awards official web site (www.awards-tourism.com), choose maximum two categories that best reflect to their business and participate in the Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards 2017
Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards project is being held since 2015 and the main mission of the project is to encourage tourism and hospitality industry in Georgia and promote the awareness of the high-achieving tourism business and brands that create a positive image of the country worldwide.
Welcome to Georgia! National Tourism Awards Categories 2017:
- THE BEST BOUTIQUE ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST STANDARD ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST DELUXE ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST WELLNESS & SPA RESORT AWARD
- THE BEST MOUNTAIN ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST SEA ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST LOW BUDGET ACCOMMODATION AWARD
- THE BEST MICE TOURISM AWARD
- THE BEST WINE TOURISM AWARD
- THE BEST ADVENTURE TOURISM AWARD
- THE BEST GEORGIAN TRADITIONAL RESTAURANT AWARD
- THE BEST FESTIVAL OR EVENT AWARD
- THE BEST TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHER AWARD
- CONCEPT CAFÉ/RESTAURANT AWARD
- THE BEST MARKETING CAMPAIGN OF TOURISM DESTINATION AWARD
- THE BEST SPESIALISED TOURISM SERVICES AWARD
- THE BEST TOURISM EDUCATION AWARD
- THE BEST INTERNATIONAL HOTEL CHAIN IN GEORGIA AWARD
- THE FASTEST GROWING COMPANY OF THE YEAR IN THE SME SEGMENT AWARD
- THE BEST WOMAN ENTREPRENEUR IN TOURISM INDUSTRY